Rabu, 11 November 2020

Conditional Sentences Type 2

 Definition of Conditional Sentence Type 2

Type 2 conditional sentence or second conditional is a conditional sentence that is used when the result / consequence (result) of the condition (condition) has no or little possibility of being realized because the condition cannot be fulfilled in the present (present situation is not real) or condition- difficult to meet in the future (unlikely to happen).


Formulas for Conditional Sentence Type 2

The conditional clause (if + condition) uses the simple past tense, while the main clause (result) section uses the modal verb and the bare infinitive (the infinitive without to).

complex sentence
subordinate clause (if + condition)main clause (result/consequence)
if + simple pastwould/could/might + bare infinitive

Example:
  • If I inherited a billion dollars, I would travel to the moon.
  • If I owned a zoo, I might let people interact with the animals more.
  • If I were you, I would continue my study.
  • If I had time, I would go with you.
  • If she met her mother, she would be very happy.
  • If it rained tomorrow, I would sleep all day.
  • If I were you, I’d tell him the truth.



2 komentar:

  1. hello reta I have read your blog. I think your blog has an interesting theme. your explanation is clear, I understand what you want to say. don't forget to visit my blog

    BalasHapus
  2. Thankyou for your explanation reta, it's really helped me a lot

    BalasHapus

The Last Leaf

In a little district west of Washington Square the streets have run crazy and broken themselves into small strips called "places."...